Tuesday 20 June 2017

My Mary Kay Story

I've never wanted to be a beauty consultant, even though I have a deep passion towards beauty. Perhaps because of my unfamiliarity with the term "beauty consultant", so it never crossed my mind. But I always know that I want to be a successful entrepreneur. So why did I join Mary Kay?

It's all started when I was sourcing for a good quality lipstick. As a cosmetic seller, I'd feel incomplete if I don't include lipstick in my for sale items. I've been trying a few lipstick which I've purchased each one of them, with retail price! Because I don't want to bear the pain of selling the wrong product. And the search stopped after I tried Mary Kay Gel Semi Matte Lipstick.

My only intention joining Mary Kay was to sell lipstick. My recruiter was surprised by the amount of lipstick I've ordered. I was already a Beauty Consultant (BC) but I wasn't into other stuffs though.

A few days later, I've received my starter kit together with Gel Semi Matte Lipsticks. At that time I was in a great struggle. My core product was having custom issue. To cut long story short, all of them couldn't make it to Malaysia.

I was in despair and under depression. I can see my dreams shattered in front of my eyes. I was giving myself a break but I've promised to get up someday. During the "break" time, I've lost some followers and customers.

I didn't take a good care of myself. My skin got darker and becoming dull. That's when I decided to use Mary Kay and arranged a meeting with my team builder for consultation and advice.

And then I've made a decision to start over with Mary Kay. I was highly motivated at first, thinking that I'll pull this off with my experience as a cosmetic seller. But no, it wasn't easy. I was questioning my decision to join Mary Kay. And I couldn't take it back easily, since I've spent some amount of money into it.

And that's the moment when my team builder and SSD approached me personally and asked me if I'm okay. Followed by supports and advice from other GBrians sisters. I felt so taken care of. Oh Gosh I feel like crying typing this.

So now I'm back on track. The journey to entrepreneurship isn't easy, but you always have others by your side. The people to cherish the good and bad times with you. And now I'm pursuing my dream of becoming a director and to drive the Pink Career Car. Inshaallah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment